GEMSTONES & SHELLS All of our gemstones and shells have been ethically sourced and are 100% genuine. Slight differences in colours, patterns and shapes may occur. This makes them completely one of a kind, which we think is pretty special.
JEWELLERY CARE AND CLEANING
Your jewellery should be treated with love and care. Follow these rules and your jewellery will stay shining bright for many years to come:
- Aim to keep your jewellery as dry as possible, especially our gold vermeil pieces. Remove before showering, swimming and washing your hands. Your jewellery will tarnish much quicker if you don't.
- Avoid direct contact with perfumes, deodorants and lotions. Simply wait for them to dry and then put on your jewels.
- Remember, your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off when dressing and undressing. This avoids any snagging.
- Take your jewellery off before exercising, gardening/DIY and before bed to avoid any unnecessary tugging, scratching and breakages.
- Store your jewellery in a cool, dry, place out of direct sunlight. Do not store your jewellery in the bathroom where it tends to get damp. Keep chains fastened so they don't become tangled.
- Metals naturally tarnish over time due to the oxides in the air. Use a soft jewellery cloth to gently buff your piece to bring back shine and lustre. For a deeper clean, use a soft toothbrush and a mild soap with warm water and let it air dry. Be mindful of any delicate gemstones, shells and settings.
- Do not use any polishing/cleaning solutions on gold vermeil jewellery as this will erode the plating.
By following these simple tips your jewellery will stay beautiful and last for many years. It's important to remember that all metals naturally tarnish due to the oxygen in the air and the different pH levels of our skin. Over time gold vermeil plating will eventually fade but can easily be replated. For more information or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org